Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

A new beginning?

I am at a crossroads. Or at least it feels that way.

My name is Kat and I am a twenty-something (seriously... I can't remember...) post-grad student from London. I graduated from Imperial College last year after doing a Biology degree and am most of the way through a masters course. Next year, I am going to be (stupidly) embarking on a PhD in Biology, again here at Imperial (apparently I can't leave). I am starting this blog because, as I have said, I feel like I am at a crossroads. It is difficult to explain why I feel this way, but I suddenly felt like I might have something to say that was worth reading. I guess we'll see about that!

I am not sure what this blog will be about yet (I am not very decisive at the best of times) but it will probably be a ridiculous mix of science, fashion and friends. I do claim to be brilliant with words (I am sure my friends will back me up on that front!) but hopefully I will be able to entertain.

I feel that now is a good time to start a blog because my life is about to get a bit more interesting. In October this year I will be going to San Diego for a month as part of my PhD. This opportunity, although AMAZING, scares the shit out of me! I would like to know that I can at least write down my American adventures on a blog and that maybe, just maybe, it will be interesting enough for people to enjoy reading.

Also, I feel like I should warn you that I am bit of a shopaholic so this blog may also turn into a chat about all things fashion! Apologies in advance.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT to read more of this. Blogs written at a cross-roads are the best kind. It will be fascinating to read, and probably helpful to write. Keep 'em coming, Kat!

Superb writing, as always. :)

Post a Comment